The release follows Yallah and Berlin-based producer Debmaster’s acclaimed debut album ‘Kubali’, which came out in 2019.
The success of ‘Kubali’ led her to tour all over the world with producer Debmaster, playing events such as Unsound (Poland & Australia), Sonar, Primavera, MELT, Dekmantel, Roskilde, CTM and in South America.
Nearly four years later, ‘Yallah Beibe’ shows the exponential growth of the artist with her lyrical flow and collaborative efforts – the album is not only co-produced by Debmaster once again, but includes features from members and associates of the Nyege Nyege collective, including Congolese Chrisman, Japanese Shigge (aka DJ Scotch Rolex), and more.
Release notes describe it as an ‘international patchwork of futuristic cyber-rap’ tied together by Yallah’s formidable flow.
More urgent than its predecessor, the album acts as an apt soundtrack to a challenging era with Debmaster’s bass-heavy rhythms and Yallah’s potent lyrics, racing through trap, dancehall, club and various other industrial sounds.
Read this next: In Session: MC Yallah & EOMAC
‘Yallah Beibe’ is intended to educate the wider world of East Africa’s history and bright future.
Listen to single ‘Moss’ below and buy the album here.
01. MC Yallah X Debmaster – Sikwebela
02. MC Yallah X Debmaster – Miniboss
03. MC Yallah X Debmaster – Tuli Mukintu
04. MC Yallah X Chrisman – Sunday
05. MC Yallah X Chrisman – Big Bung (Feat Ratigan Era)
06. MC Yallah X Shigge – Baliwa
07. MC Yallah X Shigge – Yallah Beibe
08. MC Yallah X Debmaster – Mbakebere
09. MC Yallah X Debmaster – No One Seems To Bother (Feat Lord Spikeheart)
10. MC Yallah X Shigge – Moss
11. MC Yallah X Debmaster – Ukweli
12. MC Yallah X Shigge – Hera
Vee Pandey is Mixmag’s Digital Trainee, follow her on Twitter
Written by: Tim Hopkins