The fire broke out around 6:30PM on Sunday (February 12), with the local fire brigade called to extinguish the fire.
According to local publication Neustadt Ticker (translated by Mixmag), “lattice boxes filled with firewood were burning on the façade of the club”, which then spread to the window front.
Police were also called, with police spokesperson Stefan Grohme saying that the police are assuming that the fire was caused by “negligent arson”.
Read this next: 26 photos of clubs that opened last year
No one was hurt, with the club’s management optimistic that the damage is small and easily reparable.
Repairs are already underway, and the club hopes to reopen this weekend as scheduled.
In a statement sent to Mixmag, Josefine Went of objekt klein a said: “We’re still very shocked!
“The fire started in the outdoor area, close to the wall. Fortunately, the fire department was quickly on the scene and was able to prevent the worst,” she continued.
“No one was injured and the property damage remains manageable: our main power line is damaged and some equipment melted through. We also bricked up the destroyed window today.
“We’re also happy to be able to rule out arson with certainty. Maintenance and repairs are in full swing. Half the team is up there right now, day and night, repairing, cleaning and bricklaying.
“We’re trying everything so that the SPOILER event on this Saturday [Feb 18] can take place. We are optimistic and look forward to when the floors are full again and the fire is almost forgotten!”
objekt klein a opened in 2017, with a focus on industrial, techno and experimental sounds. The venue has three rooms and a large garden area, with the likes of Elli Acula, Acid Adams and Coco Cobra having passed through its doors in recent months.
Isaac Muk is Mixmag’s Digital Intern, follow him on Twitter
Written by: Tim Hopkins